Return to the Geranium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
can you recommend h. geranium 18' high blooms in may not johnsons

Posted by reddbuffalo Zone 7 DC (My Page) on
Wed, May 4, 05 at 1:24

Hi. I am thinking about putting down a bunch of hardy geraniums so as to reduce the patches of mulch in my mostly shrub garden. But I am a bit confused over the number of geraniums available! What i am looking for is a fast spreader, with MAY flowers, and otherwise good looking no more than 18" high. The geraniums will cover ground under a rose of sharon as well as some shrubby rose bushes and will only get some and not much morning sun... in another area they will get more sun around some other roses.

Thanks so much for your expertise on this!

Newbie to geraniums!
Redd

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: can you recommend h. geranium 18' high blooms in may not john

Can's swear as to the May bloom, but here is one sold by Bluestone:

GERANIUM Nimbus-Cranesbill - Medium 20" - Plant 16" apart. zone 4-8. Arguably as good, or better than G. Johnson's Blue. Very floriferous and vigorous. Blue flowers with a pale center over attractive mounds of dissected leaves.

It blooms Late Spring, Early summer -> Summer, which is the same description they have for Mac.Bevan's Variety , which is just now coming into bloom in my yard. And I live near you.

Or you might try GERANIUM Wargrave Pink Medium - Plant 18" apart Shorter than Claridge Druce, 20" with salmon pink flowers. An old garden friend.

o
RE: can you recommend h. geranium 18' high blooms in may not john

Thanks! Off to the nursery tomorrow! : )

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Geranium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here