Return to the Geranium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
yellow geranium leaves--help!

Posted by kitha1215 z8/SW Louisiana (My Page) on
Mon, May 8, 06 at 20:53

Ok, if you've been watching the weather channel then you will have noticed that SW La just received some pretty heavy rainfall. Well here's the thing, before I knew the rain was coming I had watered my geranium well b/c we had been in a drought. Well, right after I gave it a good watering the next day it POURS! Anywho, it rained for like two days before I realized maybe I should put the geranium(which is in the middle of the yard on a garden hook)on the porch so that it doesn't get too saturated. The next day I noticed yellowed leaves and I figured "typical" and pulled them off. Well now they won't stop! They're still turning yellow and I haven't watered them since the rain stopped which was about 3 days ago. It's still damp on the inside, not too much on the outside b/c the La sun is back out but the inside is not dry at all. Please help me. Thanx in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: yellow geranium leaves--help!

It sounds to me like you have a drainage problem. You may have to repot this plant with a better draining soil mixture.

o
RE: yellow geranium leaves--help!

Thats the first thing to come to mind, you didn't mention the plant drained well from all that rain...and your watering it.
The pot should have something at the bottom, between the soil and the drainage holes so that it can rid itself of excess water.

Too, if the bottom of the pot does not have that thing to keep the soil away from the drainage holes, it..the soil, may be the culprit...maybe clogging the holes and preventing the proper drainage.

A hot sun is what geraniums like...so the yellow leaves is not a sun problem.
Do make sure your pot gets rid of excess water.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Geranium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here