Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowerfairy74

scented geranium resource?

flowerfairy74
17 years ago

I'm interested in getting some scented geraniums and wondered if any of you have a favorite place to order these from? Also, do you have a favorite cultivar? I've heard there are some lovely vanilla scented geraniums but haven't seen any.

Thank you!

FF

Comments (7)

• CAwino
    17 years ago

There are a few that get listed here over and over again.
    Try using the search.
    My fav that I haven't seen mentioned in a while follows.
    Over 500 varieties and hands down the best prices!

Here is a link that might be useful: Killdeer Farms

• Mayflyon
    17 years ago

Hi cawino. I've been tempted to order from Killdeer Farms for a couple years but I've been afraid to because of the terrible feedback left at the Garden Watchdog site.
    Have you ordered from them recently?
    I'm afraid to risk my money but need to add to my scented collection. :)
    Thanks, Debbie

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Watchdog

• melrt968
    17 years ago

Hello,
    I like citrus scented Pelargoniums, two of my favourites are a) Mabel Grey and b) Frensham. Frensham is much easier to propagate than Mabel Grey and the scent is almost as strong. If you like balsam scented pellies I would recomend Royal Oak and Pelargonium glutinosum; the pheasant foot pellie.
    cannot help with suppliers, sorry.

Ron

• CAwino
    17 years ago

mayflyon - HOLY SH!T! I have never seen that report!
    I'm trying to remember the last time I ordered and I'm pretty certian it was in the spring of 2003. It almost had to have been, because I'm a member over at Dave's (although I never post there) and I checked the watchdog before I ordered.
    There wasn't any feedback on Killdeer at that time & some folks from this forum were ordering from there w/o problems.

After viewing that, I don't think I'd order from them right now :(

• susana_2006
    17 years ago

I also checked out the link to Kildeer & I was ready to make out an order until I read further. Does anyone have any more input.
    I'm not particularly worried about the $ because I plan to use Visa card.
    In the past, I had ordered from a vendor & never received order or answer to my inquiries. Visa asked me to send a copy of two e-mails I had sent trying to resolve the problem (and e-mail is the only thing I had on that particular companY). Anyway, no problem the money was credited back to me.
    I would think that if this vendor is universally cheating people, they would lose association with credit card company.
    I'd like to hear other experiences.
    Susan

• cherrisa
    17 years ago

I ordered mine from Papa Genos. I am very pleased with their selection and my plants are doing well.

Here is a link that might be useful: Papa Genos

• Chazy
    17 years ago

I have ordered from Well-Sweep Herb Farm (www.wellsweep.com)-not via Internet,but from their catalog,and been well satisfied. They have so many to choose from that it is hard to make a decision.My favorites are orange,variegated mint-scented rose,and lemon crispum.

Well-Sweep's prices are very good,and the plants small but healthy.They grow pretty fast,so size doesn't really matter.

Nancy

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County