Return to the Geranium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
25 cent Geraniums

Posted by loveflowers NJ (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 19, 09 at 22:18

I went to Lowe's this evening and they had racks of plants so cheap, that need help. I bought 3 Geraniums @ 25 cents each!! Also, I got 2 Supertunia Rasberry Blast for $1.00 each.
I didn't plant them yet, but I did give them some blossom booster.
I have a question about the Supertunia's. I never had these before, this particular variety says to plant in sun or partial shade. Do you think if I plant them in a pretty shady area they will grow more blooms? Or, they need more sun?
I was going to plant them in the ground, is that a good idea? Or, in a basket?
Thanks. :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 25 cent Geraniums

All petunias are a sun to part shade plant plants. Putting them in the shade while the recover may be a good idea but you won't get more blooms if you plant them in the shade, you'll get less.

The nature of supertunias is to cascade. That's why they are mainly sold for baskets, but you could put them in the ground. Just make sure they have a good area to roam.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Geranium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here