Brookside or Rozanne?

Posted by gardenfanatic MO zone5 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 30, 04 at 22:57

Brookside or Rozanne - which do you like better, and why? Thanks,

Deanna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brookside or Rozanne?

Rozanne - no doubt. Because of her huge flowers and white centre of the flower. And it blooms until October-November.

o

Second vote..absolutely no doubt !!! Rozanne forever ! ;o)
BUT...Marlene (hello, dear !)..what about hardiness??? Deanna is in zone 5...You know better than I do...are you sure Rozanne will accept it? Would not Brookside be a more reasonable choice in this climate?
Zephirine

o

You are absolutely right, Zephirine (my dear!); I hadn't noticed that Deanna lives in Zone 5. So yes, 'Brookside' would be a better choice. It is quite hardy.

o

I live in an iffy zone 6 area. (Some charts still say we are zone 5) Rozanne does great for me. Blooms June through Septmember. Brookside only blooms about a month.

o

Rozeanne is fully hardy for me in zone 5b. But I prefer Nimbus over Brookside, though both have a shorter bloom period than Rozeanne.

o

I just bought Rozanne from Wayside gardens for my zone 5 Wisconsin garden. No one mention that the hardiness was iffy for this area. Should I mulch heavily or what?
Pondy

o

Love my Rozanne. Planted it May 15th and it's been blooming non-stop. And tomorrow will be August 1st.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Geranium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here