Return to the Geranium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plant identification needed

Posted by ferngirl33 New Zealand (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 20, 07 at 23:17

Hi, hope that someone can help me identify this bush that came up in my garden a number of years ago. It looks rather like a geranium but with large bunches of yellow flowers in winter. It is around 6-7ft tall. The leaves are 6 inches wide. It seems to like it's position with morning sun and afternoon shade close to the bush.
I have a pic, but not sure how to post just yet.

Many thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plant identification needed

Have managed to upload pic now. Thanks for any help you can give.

Here is a link that might be useful: Unknown yellow geranium?

o

Hi ferngirl33, lovely to have a New Zealander, (my fathers homeland, I hope to visit very soon). I cannot identify this plant. I have scoured my plant books for an id, mainly because it is so beautiful, and so HUGE!! 6-7 feet is a very large plant. Could you post a pic of it in flower? I cannot find a yellow blooming clustered geranium, (and I mean 'geranium' not pelargonium) though I am no expert by any means but I think if there were one in this country I would have found it. It potentially could be a heuchera but the mere size of the plant would, I think, negate that. Anyway, I am dying to know what it is, so, please post the answer if you get one outside the forum. Thanks again for the puzzle challenge and I, for one, will keep searching. Best to you down under, Kat

o

sorry your plant isnt a Geranium nor a member of the family

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Geranium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here