Return to the Geranium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
When can I expect Rozanne to flower?

Posted by outinthegardenallday Zone 7, LI,NY (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 6, 05 at 23:20

Greetings all. I bought my first Rozanne last year. She was potted up and kept on my front steps, facing North, receiving early morning sun. I transplanted her into the ground last Fall. She now gets afternoon sun for about 6 hours.

The plant has sprouted very nicely, with alot of foilage. But there are no flowers.

Can any you share when I might expect to start seeing some blooms?

Thanks!

Ciao,
OITGAD

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: When can I expect Rozanne to flower?

The Rozannes that I planted last spring do not have any buds yet either. They were slow to sprout this year but now have lots of foliage so I'm sure the buds will be appearing shortly. The new Rozannes I put in this year are full of buds! Its well worth the wait - mine bloomed continuously last year well into November!

o

Thanks Shirley. I appreciate your sharing that buds have not shown up on your Rozanne either. This was my first foray into perennial geraniums...this Spring I bought two Brookside as well. They're in the ground and blooming like crazy. I think the growers pump them up with alot of fertilzer to get them blooming earlier.

Anyway, thanks again.

Ciao,
OITGAD

o

My experience exactly! Last year I put
Rozanne in, and it started blooming right away in early May and kept going. This year it has huge awesome foliage, but no buds (well, I keep thinking there are buds, but they turn out to be leaf buds!!). I'm a little over-eager for the flowers, but at least the better-than-expected foliage is making me happy. But I hope it flowers before July!

o

I have Rozanne planted in several locations. One Rozanne (third summer)has been bloom for about two weeks. Two others (second summer)have been in bloom about a week. They all are in sunny locations. The Rozannes in part shade locations are just coming into bloom.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Geranium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here