Return to the Geranium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Geraniums looking unhealthy

Posted by mtcowgirl Iowa (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 27, 06 at 13:00

The past two summers, my potted geraniums have not done well. I purchase large, healthy plants with nice blooms in the spring, and they do well until July. Just like last year, they are now producing just a few small blooms and the leaves are yellowing. The pots they are in are large and drain well. I've tried fertilizing, watering more, watering less, etc. The plants are all in bright sun. It's been extremely hot the past few weeks, but geraniums belonging to neighbors still look great. What am I doing wrong?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Geraniums looking unhealthy

I recently had the same experience with three beautiful geraniums. While I waited helplessly, one (red) died. I sprayed this week with milk (of all things) and the remaining two are recovering. If that does not work, try an appropriate fungicide. Of course, you should first check the soil to see that the plant is not loose.
Good luck!.

o
RE: Geraniums looking unhealthy

Be patient, your geraniums are just taking a breather.
Plants which produce blooms constantly, can get tired...lots of energy is expended.
Just water normally, don't overfeed, give them lots of sunlight. The blooms will come back as good as before.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Geranium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here