Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
emulkahi1

Did I steam my geranium?!?!

emulkahi1
19 years ago

I will start by saying I am fairly new to geraniums, and house plants in general, so I know that I have a lot to learn. I could really use your help with this one....

About a month ago, I got what the greenhouse called a 'black magic' geranium...Had beautiful deep purple flowers all over it. I potted it and had placed it in a window. When I came home from work one day, I noticed that some of its leaves were yellowing and had brown spots on their edges. I felt the pot, and it was very hot! (Stupid me....We live in an old building, and many of the windows-including the one the geranium was in-are single pane. So they really let the heat in). THEN, I looked in the bottom of the pot and there was some water left over from when I'd watered it the day before!

Did I steam it? It hasn't really rebounded all too well. It still has plenty of green leaves, but more keep getting yellow and then brown. I kind of browsed through the other posts on this forum, and maybe I could be over-watering? I've been giving it a good drink once a week or so....Maybe a tad more this past week, since it seemed to be really drying out. Maybe this is a mistake too? My husband has the camera at the moment, but when he gets home I will try to post a picture.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! It was such a beautiful plant--I would be really sad to lose it. THANKS!

Erin

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!