Return to the Geranium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
problems with tricolor geranium

Posted by sjrose77 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 7, 10 at 15:35

Hi,

I got a beautiful tricolor zonal geranium, and it is dying. I have never had a problem with geraniums. Does anyone know, do the tricolors need more shade? The leaves are turning brown and crispy on the edges and the leaves are misshapen they droop down, not like they need water but like it has some disease. At one point it got a lot of water because it rained really hard for a few days. I brought it on the porch still does not look good. I took cuttings, they died. Any suggestions? I really would like to save it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: problems with tricolor geranium

It may need more shade, I know the Martha Washington does. It may also be the excessive moisture. Have you looked at the stem. Is it discolored just above the soil. If it is then it has Blackleg and it's a goner. It's more than likely though--if the leaves are crispty that it has blight. You can try treating it for that with a fungicide for blight.

I grow lots of Geraniums and I never had any luck with the Martha Washington either. I tried them twice and once it died and the other time it just didn't do well, so I gave them up as a lost cause. I think a lot of the fancier Geraniums are just not as hardy as the regular zonals.

Good luck

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Geranium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here