Return to the Geranium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
geranium problems

Posted by carole6 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 7, 07 at 16:03

This year, my geraniums have yellowing leaves,holes in leaves, & some are dying off.It is quite dry in my area this summer. I keep them watered, but what else could be going on? Thanks, & happy gardening to all.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: geranium problems

I'm in TN and I some of this effects mine also. It's very frustrating. The holes on mine were caused by a tiny green worm. I had to spray them to get rid of the worms. However the worms were not the cause of the yellowing - we can't figure out what is. The flower heads are smaller this year for some reason. All were repotted as usual in fresh new soil and get fertilized regularly.

I hope someone more knowledgable has the answer for us.

Another thing. A lot of plants are suffering from damping off out in the flower beds. Mostly impatiens and African daisy. We never had this problem before and we've lived here for years.

o

I am having many of the same problems. Yellowing leaves, very few blooms, scarce foliage and when it does bloom, the blooms are very small. I hope someone can help. I wanted geraniums because they give so much bang for the buck, but not this year:(

o

Perhaps some of you are keeping them too well-watered. They like to dry out between waterings, and just stay moist intead of wet; which can cause yellowing leaves and rot. Also, a watering with a bit of fertiliser can help with the flowering. I use half-strength when I water the plants.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Geranium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here