Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
outinthegardenallday

First timer to this board - question on Rozanne

Good day all. I live on Long Island, and have devoted much of my garden to daylilies, asiatic and oriental lilies. Mixed in with a good assortment of perennials.

This past Spring, I bought my first Rozanne. Not sure where I wanted to plant it, I instead chose a lovely pot (one of those new light terracotta look alikes) and placed it on my front (north) steps. It gets morning sun and then is pretty much shaded.

I am stunned by the result...masses of beautiful flowers that are STILL ongoing at this point when my daylilies and lilies have shut down...along with many of the perennials.

Now my questions: Can I divide up the plant in the Fall and replant into the garden? Should I keep it in the pot and place it a southern facing corner by the house? Or should I heel in the entire plant, out of the pot, into the Summer vegetable garden, let it over winter there and then repot it in the Spring?

What I cannot understand is why there aren't more of these delightful plants out there...I'm guessing that many gardeners think "red" when they think geranium. This was truly one of the best buys I've made in a long time.

Many thanks for your responses.

Ciao,

OITGAD

Comments (2)