Return to the Geranium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dying Cranesbill Pratense Geranium

Posted by MarieLego Northern California (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 11, 12 at 22:46

Help!! I recently purchased a small pot of the above plant. My 1st mistake was dividing it to share. Now I'm left with a dying few stalks. I've kept it as an indoor plant (good sunlight, not overwatering) but think I may lose the species altogether! I've tried placing a few stems in water to save. Any suggestions on how to revive this poor plant! Haven't seen it online (I've been looking for some time)--special soil, root tone?? H E L P !!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dying Cranesbill Pratense Geranium

Not a houseplant. Likely not getting enough light indoors, not to mention lack of humidity. Really prefers to be outdoors and in the ground.

Shouldn't be hard to find. Geranium praetense is sold under many named forms by a whole bunch of mail order nurseries.

o
RE: Dying Cranesbill Pratense Geranium

G pratense is a British and European wildflower which grows abundantly along road sides here. This shows you the conditions it likes. Plenty of light, water and fresh air and no extremes of temperature, especially not heat. No fancy soil or fertilisers. If your remnants have any roots get them outside asap, plant them, water them and hope. Don't baby them except for ensuring they have enough to drink. Putting stems in water will not help as it doesn't grow from cuttings.

Here is a link that might be useful: Meadow cranesbill

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Geranium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here