Return to the Geranium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ann Folkard

Posted by brody z7 WA (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 17, 09 at 6:24

Has anyone successfully moved this plant? Mine's been in the same place for around 10 years but maturing shrubs and trees are casting too much shade for it now. Or maybe I need to take cuttings? Any advice would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ann Folkard

I never moved mine in a previous garden. I think eventually it was in a similar situation as yours and simply disappeared.

In any case, I would suggest moving in the spring when new growth begins to emerge.

FYI, I planted 'Sandrine' this spring, which is very similar but more vigourous and with larger flowers -- I love it so far.

o
RE: Ann Folkard

I think this is one that doesn't like to be moved. I would follow "coolplantsguy's" suggestion of transplanting it in the spring. Take as much soil around the root as you can and dig carefully to get as much root as possible. If it does die, then that is an excuse to visit a nursery to purchase another one. I've had a couple of Ann Folkards that just died out from being too crowded and shaded by other plants. Another one I have in more sun just blooms all summer. I couldn't resist and just got another Ann Folkard recently in a half-price sale, so must get it planted.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Geranium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here