Return to the Geranium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
rozanne

Posted by sybilkrizinski z5 mi (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 24, 05 at 9:36

Have any of you Rozanne fans planted her in your shade gardens? Would she get enough sun in a partial shade
garden to bloom her head off? ty in advance, sybil

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: rozanne

• Posted by dbjc z6PA (My Page) on
    Thu, Oct 27, 05 at 20:41

Mine is planted in an area with morning sun, afternoon shade. It's still blooming.

o

I have two planted in an area that gets perhaps one to two hours of afternoon sun. She is still blooming. The plants are not as large and do not bloom as profusely as those in full sun, so... I will just have to plant a few more.

o

I have my 8 Rozannes planted in a bed that used to be full sun, but when I thought about your question, it occured to me that mine are actually planted in partial shade. They are underplanting an area with 3 Knockout roses, a Viburnum which has recently, when I wasn't looking, become taller than me & about 4 ft wide on the South side, 3 Virginia Sweetspire shrubs (3-4 ft tall and wide) on the East, 2 very large grasses to the North, blocking a lot of light, and various other (18 - 30 inch)perennials and some low evergreens to the West. So they are getting mostly afternoon sun, except I forgot there is a good sized (higher than the fence) Weigela to the SW side and a Smokebush which I sometimes hard prune and sometimes not to NW side, so even some of that sun is blocked. Makes you wonder, when you think about how much stuff if crammed in there, that the Roses are blooming - but both Knockouts and Rozannes bloomed their heads off this summer. My Rozannes are not 1st year plants so I did do some considerable amount of chopping/lopping of stray Rozanne stems as necessary to keep them in bounds.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Geranium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here