Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karilei

Best Fuzzy-Leaved Scented Geranium

karilei
17 years ago

I went from 1 to 11 or 13 different scented geraniums in a single summer (oh, sorry pelargoniums or however it's spelled) because I instantly became addicted. I'm a fragrance freak. Plus, my 3 year old daughter loves to "bring me smells" on her hands and have me guess and they handle her abuse well. I did a half-assed job at overwintering in my garage so we'll see what lives. I've been so busy all I managed to do was pull them up and put them out to dry in my garage. I didn't even clean them up a bit or knock any dirt off. Her favorites (and mine) seem to be the large fuzzy lobed types (i.e. chocolate mint and mint) and she rarely touches the upright ones like lime. My question is this, what are your recommendations that fit the bill of fuzzy and exceptionally (pleasantly) fragrant?

I also like silver gray blue, the dark chocolate splashed leaves, or white variegated because I plan on using some in window boxes and in my high contrast/moon garden out front. I don't really care about the flowers. I like the texture of coconut and strawberry and the variegation of rose mint. Recs. there would be good too. Here it's all about smelling and touching for use but I would love to educate myself on its uses, particularly in making potpourri and using it in cooking. Next year I'll get going earlier and take a stab at propagating and trying to grow some indoors as well.

If you know and care to share, I'd appreciate it.

KariLei

I hope to be trading with y'all next spring.

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County