Return to the Geranium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Name of Dark Red Geranium?

Posted by ifeddi 60402 (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 18, 09 at 11:35

As the winter roles in I'm planning what to grow indoors from seeds and I am interested in growing a dark red geranium. I saw some at the garden center over the summer and I am kicking myself for not taking note of the name. Can anyone recommend any variety of dark red geranium? I've been looking at the seed websites but I'm not sure how accurate the color representation are - I'm looking for an almost burgundy but not purple color.

Thanks for any and all help!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Name of Dark Red Geranium?

I grow a variety called Fischer Calliope Dark Red. I offered it to my customers last spring and it sold out immediately. It is the darkest of the dark red geraniums on the market today. A few excellent less, but still very dark reds are Rocky Mountain dark red and Tango Red... Bob.

o
RE: Name of Dark Red Geranium?

The varieties that Bob mentions are all propagated by cuttings - not seed. You honestly won't find a variety from seed with the color you are looking for.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Geranium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here