Return to the Geranium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Scented Geranium,Where To Buy Them ??

Posted by floridabear 10b (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 28, 07 at 18:57

I have been looking all over to buy scented geraniums. On EBay,online in different stores, from gardens as I drive by and they look like scented ones. No luck anywhere. Is there an online store that anyone can lead me to and I can get some rose scented,or lemon,lime,coconut,chocolate,etc...I cant believe that EBay doesnt have anything except some rose scented geranium seeds. No plants at all! So...are there any online stores or someone you all go to ,to get them? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Scented Geranium,Where To Buy Them ??

search the forum for scented geranium. I was doing that a few moments ago and just popped into the forum proper and let me just say that there are many people with the exact same question, including me a few moments ago. One that keeps popping up is http://www.papagenos.com, it has good gardenwatchdog rating (http://davesgarden.com/products/gwd/c/40/)and i am picking varieties to order from their huge selection right now- its hard when there are so many. Hope this goes well. Fingers crossed!

o

I have a few Citronella Geranium plants. They are strong, about two feet tall, and don't bloom often. When they do they get lovely light purple blooms, just like in the picture at the web site mentioned above. They do smell very nice. I bring them inside in the fall. I am looking for a flowering red red geranium plant or two. Not sure of the proper name, the classic red one.
Would you like to trade?

o

Floridabear-Hobbs Farm, a small family nursery in Maine has a good selection and reasonable prices. www.hobbsfarm.com For the mothership, use http://geraniaceae.com/.

Don't even try to grow any of the crispins in zone 10. All scenteds are a challange in hot, humid weather, but the crispins are simply impossible.

o

I have some citrus scented variegated ones that I have been keeping and rooting cuttings for years. (Sorry, I don't know the variety name.) I started with just two very small rooted cuttings just 5 years ago, and I now have about 7 LARGE pots of mature plants, and lots of rooted cuttings in smaller pots. I don't usually "hang-out" at this forum but just dropped in. Let me know what you have for trade!

Indyrose

o

indy-I can trade cuttings of apple, skeleton leaf rose, or felicifolium.

o

I find this site handy for sourcing mail order geraniums

Here is a link that might be useful: Geraniums

o

I just purchased the 'special' at Scented Geraniums of NE. WOW. Nice starts. healthy roots and some of the plants were even in bloom. Some were 4-5' (not including the roots) and a few were 6-7'. She has a special going right now buy 10 and get 2 free, growers choice, each one different. So I thought I'd give it a try. I ordered them on Sunday and I got them on Wednesday. I plan to order 10/12 more in a week or so. It's $20. for 10/12 or $35. for 20/14 + shipping. I think that is a great deal now that I've seen them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Scented Geraniums of NE

o

Thanks for the link above to Scented Geranium of NE.....I have been looking for a place to buy them wholesale. Does anyone have experience growing the apples from seed. I could use some tips. Or experience growing them from cuttings. I have been told the apples are from seed only.

Here is a link that might be useful: My moringa business

o

Here is another place and they even sell a "chocolate" scented one I can't wait to get...

http://www.accentsforhomeandgarden.com/

Love these plants!

Mike

o

I too would love to trade cuttings. I have lemon, a rose that I can't remember off hand her name, and peppermint.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Geranium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here