Return to the Gesneriad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Strep seeds Cherry Pie

Posted by barbcoleus z10 SWFL (My Page) on
Mon, May 28, 07 at 22:26

I have Cherry Pie Strep seeds to trade for other strep seeds or other gesneriads.

Barb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Strep seeds Cherry Pie

Barb -

the plants you can grow will be Cherry Pie x self, and since it is a hybrid to start with - the seedlings can be quite different from the parent - and if there will be a nice one - it can be even named. Only species streps as well as all other plants reproduce true from seed, the hybrids - you need a cutting.

I wanted to remind you that the National Convention of The Gesneriad Society is coming to Miami this year around the Independence day - and you can get the best and the newest and the rarest gessies for your collection.

If you like to start plants from seeds - The Gesneriad Society has an extensive seed fund and they send the seeds to the members for a nominal price. Please consider joining this group if you are not already there.

Good luck

Irina

o
RE: HAVE: Strep seeds Cherry Pie

Thanks for the information. I've traded away some of the seeds but I've saved some for myself. I usually start them in McDonald's yogurt cups. I've always wanted to find a list of dominant and recessive genes for streps so I could hybridize them in a more organized fashion rather than hit or miss. African violets have such a list.
I was at one time a member of the AGGS I must renew it.
Hopefully I'll be able to go to the national show.
Barb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Gesneriad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here