Return to the Gesneriad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for assortment of cuttings or leaves.

Posted by coyle 9b (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 7, 09 at 10:19

I will send you a bunch of stuff in exchange (or pay you via paypal.) If you let me know the kind of FL plants you want I probably have it or it's around here. The only seeds I have that are desirable are malabar spinach but I have lots of other things, just let me know what you are interested in. I have an african violet holder with 9 pots and a bunch of hanging baskets that I want to put various trailing plants. My favorites are nematanthus (sp?) and columneas (but the aeschynanthus are nice too.) Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for assortment of cuttings or leaves.

Coyle - sorry - I am going to touch your post - otherwise it will be sitting on the top forever. We have an Exchange part of this forum for such posts.
In February you have 2 african violet shows coming in Tampa and St.Pete. Usually you can find oodles of gesneriads on these shows.

Good Luck

Irina

Here is a link that might be useful: 2 shows coming

o

I posted a response to your similar post on the Plant Exchange page. See the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Plant Exchange Posting

o

That's great Irina. There's a show in Valrico which is just a few miles from here. Do I have to be a member to attend? Guess I just have to be patient and wait until Feb.

o

Nope -

they would like you to join them - but for attendance and sale - everybody is more than welcome. But if you join them - you will get even more cuttings for free. In our club we always ask the newcomer what plants he/she is interested in - and try to bring a welcome box for this person.

I.

o

We got pregnant (due in june :) and I completely spaced the valrico show but I think it would be in my interest to join as NONE of the local stores are carrying these plants.
They told me in the spring but I'm not seeing them yet and a lot of the nursery's don't even know what I'm talking about. My Mom gave me a cutting that's doing fine so all I need is some cuttings (though I'd gladly pay at this point for some well established plants.)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Gesneriad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here