Return to the Gesneriad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is wrong here?

Posted by haxuan Vietnam (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 6, 06 at 22:14

The leaves of my gloxinia look like this. What's wrong with it and how to cure? Thanks for your inputs.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is wrong here?

• Posted by jon_d Northern Calif. (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 22, 06 at 12:31

The brown spots could be from a variety of problems. I don't know which. It might be a fungus growing on the leaves, brought on by the high humidity and constantly warm temperatures. Gloxinias come from Brazil and are somewhat tropical, growing around Rio, so they should be happy where you are. So, I don't know. Spotting on leaves can also be caused by excessive fertilizing or uptake of something such as salt.

Jon

o
RE: What is wrong here?

Thank you Jon. Updates: Although the blotches didn't go away, the plants, as a whole, are still healthy. I have removed all blooms and put the plants in shade house to rest... they don't, they produce new growth.
As I know nothing about gloxinias... I will leave them alone and wait.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gesneriad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here