Return to the Gesneriad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What Sinningia is this?

Posted by eric_oh 6a (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 24, 11 at 9:55

It has relatively small fuzzy leaves and multiple flowering stems, producing long tubular blooms that flare out into small petals. They start out a sort of hot butterscotch color and deepen into a medium pink.

I think the original plant may have come from Plant Delights, but nothing like it is currently featured in their catalog.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What Sinningia is this?

Eric -

the easiest - would be make a good pic of your Sinnigia in bloom - and email Plant Delight. If you got it from them - you probably after some prodding can get a person who remembers what they carried several years ago.

You can look at these 2 sites :
www.burwur.net/sinns/2arten.htm
gesneriads.ca/gensinn.htm

After enjoying beautiful pics of LOTS of sinningias that more or less have something in common with your description - you probably would narrow your search to several. The person to contact would be the owner of the burwur site - there is a link on the home page - he probably grew them all. Do not forget to attach the pic.

Sounds you got yourself a very good one and you sure know how to grow it well.

Good Luck

irina

o

Irina--That link doesn't work, and here I was all excited to see all the pics :-(

(God help me, I'm starting to enjoy some of the little "weeds")

o

Try again

http://www.burwur.net/sinns/sinns.htm
http://www.gesneriads.ca/gensinn.htm

Irina

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gesneriad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here