Return to the Gesneriad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Glox seedlings

Posted by beetle_2007 3 (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 4, 11 at 12:47

Hi, and Happy New Year Everyone! Wanted to share pictures of my Gloxinia seedlings, about to bloom. I planted the tiny little dust seeds last year in February, and the three that went in bigger pots are going to open their flowers. They are from a gorgeous bright pink mom, selfed, so I'm really not knowing what to expect:)
Photobucket

Of course, they all could be identical, in which case, I have many to find homes for Lol
This is another, close to blooming.
Photobucket
Thanks for looking :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Glox seedlings

Great Job! Especially knowing how small the seedlings are when they hatch and how much care you need to give them to get the blooming size so fast.

I am sure when they start blooming - your house will be mobbed with friends who want to adopt one or 2 or 3. You will be overwhelmed with requests. You can restart any one of them from a cutting or a leaf. Usually they produce a tuber first- and then the new growth from the baby tuber will give you a bloom.

Irina

o

Thank you irina! I sure hope so:) I have about a dozen to part with, already gave away about a dozen.[not blooming thou]

o

She opened, and she is far different in color than the parent plant! This first pic, is the pollen/pod parent: a bright hot pink:
Photobucket

This is the result: The first of dozens of seedlings to open:
Photobucket

Photobucket

o

What a nice treat for the middle of winter!

I.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gesneriad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here