Return to the Gesneriad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lobbianus Variegated - anyone grow this one?

Posted by ks-girl 6 - Ks (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 23, 09 at 10:12

Hi, I just came across this forum and have been looking through some post but havn't seen this lipstick yet so does anyone grow this one and know what color the flowers are.
Thanks

PhotobucketLipstick 2/09

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lobbianus Variegated - anyone grow this one?

Hi Kansas Girl -

I have it. It blooms the same way as A. lobbianus - red with maroon or brownish calyx.

If you hang it at the east window with good light - it will bloom its head off. You will have trouble removing the spent flowers. Without good light - it is just a nice foliage plant.

Irina

Here is a link that might be useful: Place to look... always

o

Hi KSgirl,

Your plant is really pretty and healthy! I use to have(I just recently lost it...accidentally left it outside), temps in FL went in the 20's)...not normal for us. I had the one that was labeled Mona Lisa, leaves are slightly different, but the flowers were almost identical...I have never seen any variegated lipstick plants before? Is that an EA plant...mine was from Lowe's. I guess I will have to buy another, I really loved the flowers of this one.

Thanks for that link Irina!

o

Irina, Thanks for the link.
They have some great pictures, I saw my Lobbianus there but not my pink Chinanthus.

Puglvr, No mine isn't from EA. I got it at a nursery in KC, same place I got my pink one. They seem to always have Aeschynanthus and Columnea in stock.
I have 9 differant lg lipsticks and several small Columnea.

JoPhotobucket

o

Ohhhhh...I LOVE that one too!! How pretty! You're lucky, all we have in my small town is the big box stores and a couple of small nurseries...rarely do they carry Hoyas or Lipstick plants...too far and few between!!

Thanks for that picture!

o

Oh! ks-girl, what a beautiful plant. I love those pink blooms. I have one little stressed plant like puglvr. Forgot it was outside and it lost three quarters of it's branches. It has one little flower. I guess I'll have to take cuttings of that one branch to fill out the pot. LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gesneriad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here