Return to the Gesneriad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Columnea species

Posted by harrywitmore Zone7 NC (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 30, 08 at 8:48

I'm a newcomer to this forum. Actually didn't know it existed. I have become a nut over Columnea species. They are not the easiest to come by but I have had very good luck growing them. Most are in a growing area where the winter temperatures are about 50F minimum and the humidity is 70% or more most of the time. Most all have or are flowering. Many of the plants I have are still too small to share but many are not. So if anyone is like me and looking for a trading partner in this interesting genus of plants please let me know.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Columnea

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Columnea species

Hi Harry,
I love your columneas, pity you weren't in oz. I have been tryng to get a columnea collection going with seeds from ges soc seed fund.
But can you tell me what is the small plant that i can just see on the "log" inbetween the broms on the pic. that is inserted in place of no image yet?????
Regards
Deeinoz

o

Dee, If you are speaking of the small creeping plant I can't. I took this picture at Fairchild Gardens years ago. It looks like it could be a small fern of Peperomia. It could be a Gessie also.
Sorry.

o

You have some beauties there:) Great looking plants.

o

Hi Harry,

That's quite the collection. I just started into Columnea. I have a number of hybrids but only one species -- C. moorei. I received C. Goldheart for our club sale and have been trying to find out what the bloom color is. Do you know?

o

My Gold Heart has not flowered but I suspect it's red. My Cascading Beauty (I think) is in full flower now and it's red as is microphylla which may be in the parentage of Gold Heart.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gesneriad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here