Return to the Gesneriad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kohleria KGGK002

Posted by zozzl z9 FL (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 13, 13 at 13:21

Hi,

Does anyone know the name of this Kohleria KGGK002. I believe it is from the Gesneriad Garage which does not seem to be around anymore? I don't remember the color, but is should bloom soon.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kohleria KGGK002

Hmm = looks like Gesneriad Garage to me too - and I hope Bevin Anderson will return to hybridizing. The fact that is numbered not named - means that it is a seedling that the hybridizer didn't name it at the point when it was distributed. It could be named later, but unless you contact Bevin - I bet Canadian gesneriad lovers still keep in touch with him and can help you - you just continue growing it under this number.

I grow Kohleria GG Lava Lamp - and I love it.

Irina

o

Thanks. Maybe someone will remember if it ever got registered. I know I got it on one of the forums in a trade either here or on another site.

o

I doubt it ever was....

o

... well that is a shame. Wouldn't you hate to go through life with a name like KGGKOO2, lol!

o

I would think that the hybridizer had some doubts if to name this plant or not - may be he had several slightly different seedlings he was going to evaluate. Usually the plants like this end discarded after the final selection is done. But there comes his or her buddy - and says - or I love it - do not throw it to the dumpster... and here it goes - with a strange name...

I.

o

Well, now I gotta love it since it is likely an ugly duckling. I will post pic when it blooms:) Thanks for the information!

o

I am Bevin, the hybridizer of the GGK002 cross. I'd love to see any pictures of it to help you identify it if it is one of the ones I did name. There were some really nice and different crosses that came of that group.

o

Hi Bevin,

I can't find the picture, if I took one, but I will definitely take another when it does bloom.

If you want a rhizome just let me know and send me your address. I would be happy to send you one.

Pat

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gesneriad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here