Return to the Gesneriad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for Streptocarpus pollen

Posted by johns42 none (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 5, 13 at 14:42

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for streptocarpus pollen for a special strep., I purchased that will be a double flower that is also fragrant. I'm willing to share seeds with potential pollen donor. I have the name of my plant at home. Its a pink flower. Does anyone have any pollen? Thanks

John
(from NY USA)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for Streptocarpus pollen

I have Spin Art blooming, but fading. More along the way. I have no fragrant nor doubles. What sort are you looking for?
Carol

o

Carol222,

I would love pollen from Spin Art. Can you please send me an email with your contact information?? Thank you.

John

o

HI, John,
I cut the Spin Art flower open, but it had no pollen. There's another flower on the way, and I have another plant, so there's hope.
Is there a specific color or shape you are looking for in the pollen parent?
Carol

o

I am looking for a large flower with a smallish plant. Right now be happy with any pollen

o

I have Neil's Maverick open and will have Remembering John open in a few days. I have not had either of them before, both are still young plants, so I don't know what size they will be. Both flowers are larger. But, both are purple, which seems quite dominant in Streps, and which we already have a lot of.
Your call - wait or take?
Carol

o

Hi Carol,

Remembering John would be perfect for pollen! Can you send me your email to send my address! What do you want for the pollen?
John

o
Pollen

Hi Carol,

Remembering John would be perfect for pollen! Can you send me your email to send my address! What do you want for the pollen?
John

o

carol.gates@earthlink.net

I have all I can handle just now, but thanks for offering.
I'll send it as soon as it's ripe.

o

carol.gates@earthlink.net

I have all I can handle just now, but thanks for offering.
I'll send it as soon as it's ripe.

o

Hey, John. Happy Holidays.
Did you get seeds? Have they sprouted? I'm really very curious as to what happened.
Carol

o

Hi Carol.

Happy Holidays. I tried the pollen but my plant was infested with bugs and died.

John

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gesneriad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here