Return to the Gesneriad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My First Cross Please look at my photo

Posted by MyViolets 10 CA (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 3, 05 at 3:42

Hello,
This is my first cross, I took a picture of how it is looking. What do you think?
Thank You!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My First Cross Please look at my photo

I didn't see the photo.

Are the flower stems strong or does the weight of the flower make it fall over? Does the foliage lie flat or is it unruly? Is the bloom a good color? Is the bloom or foliage new and different?

I'd like to see the seedling.

Nancy

o
RE: My First Cross Please look at my photo

Hi Nancy,
I have a picture of the growing seed pod? Hopefully that is what I have here, in the Gallery. The stems are strong. When It was in bloom the bloosoms were held up not falling over, sort of short bloom stalks (Mighty Mouse)Mighty mouses leaves are very small about two to three inches long. I will also put up pictures of each bloom, Country Girl(Lyons) is a gorgeous growing plant. I want to work on smaller streps. I know this crossing will not possibly bring me small plants, I will have to self cross? I think? Im new to Hybridizing as you can get the drift. I have been growing a long time but just now have more time and space to do this. Thank You for your help. I really excited about this.
Nancy from California

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gesneriad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here