Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chaznsc

Pink Episcias

chaznsc
17 years ago

Does anyone know of a good source for Pink Episcias?

Comments (7)

• korina
    17 years ago

Check my response on the AV forum.

Korina

• jon_d
    17 years ago

I don't like the term "pink episcias". This could refer to the variegated episcias which have colorful irregular pink, cream or white patches, like 'Cleopatra', or it could refer to the cupreata type hybrids that have non-variegated pink foliage, like 'Strawberry Patch' or 'Temptation'. Or, it could refer to hybrids between cupreata types and lilacina types that have pink flowers. So, it isn't the clearest term. But, you can find some of each from Lyndon Lyon, Kartuz, or Marcia Belisle, to name a few sources. Links can be found on the suppliers page at The Gesneriad Society web site (www.aggs.org).

Jon

• chaznsc
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Well, regardless of whether you like the term, lyndon doesnt sell a true pink. Marcia isnt even on the link you referenced.

• irina_co
    17 years ago

Chaz -

Don't get upset - I found you some episcias.

www.kartuz.com carries 4 variegated leaf episcias including Pink Dreams.
    Rob's usually carries Cleopatra - which is the easiest to grow, by the way.
    Marcia Belisle doesn't seem to carry any of them = but she has the best selection of episcias period. http://www.belislesviolethouse.com

I like the "variegated" better because Moon Light Valley - from Mike Kartuz is not even pink - it is green, white and bronze.

Usually you can have episcias shipped when the night temperature is above 50. I think Rob (Rob's Violet Barn)
    doesn't ship them before May 15.

Good luck in growng them - they are not easy.

Irina

• jon_d
    17 years ago

Well, Chasnsc, I thought your response was rather snooty. I was trying to answer your question and explain episcia nomenclature. No need to get upset. Anyway, I still have no idea what kind of episcia you are looking for. I have Belisle's new catalog, which was just mailed out last week. She has all three kinds of "pink episcias". Irina, she lists the variegates separately after the list of regular episcias.

Lyndon Lyon's list of episcias is short but does list all three kinds of "pink episcias"--several pink leaved kinds, three pink flowered kinds and one variegate.

Anyway, don't worry, I won't be answering any more of your questions.

Jon

• jon_d
    17 years ago

Mr. Hall, Sending insulting private emails is really rude and unacceptable. You asked for help and I took time to gave you good suggestions. I explained why I don't like the term you used as it is ambiguous. You had no reason to take it as unfriendly or unhelpful. Taking out your frustrations on people who are trying to help you is pretty low. If you are ill equipt to take advantage of my help then that is your problem. But, please don't email me again.

• chaznsc
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Mr ambiguous,

Please accept my apology. and I do hope you find your passy soon.

Sponsored
Pierre Jean-Baptiste Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars76 Reviews
DC Area's Award-Winning Interior Designer | 12x Best of Houzz