Return to the Gesneriad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Aeschynanthus longicaulis, I presume

Posted by citosa (My Page) on
Sat, May 23, 09 at 4:20

I recently bought this plant marked as Aeschyn. mar., obviously meaning Aeschynanthus marmoratus, aka A. longicaulis. No flowers, but with its strong markings I'm almost positive that's what it is, as opposed to 'Black Pagoda'. However, I'd like a second/third opinion, as there seem to be a lot of mislabeled pictures about. Or will I just have to hope for flowers?

Aeschynanthus sp., either longicaulis or 'Black Pagoda'

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Aeschynanthus longicaulis, I presume

It is definitely it.

Irina

o

Thank you, Irina.

o

Hi. I am in search of a reliable online source to purchase Aeschynanthus longicaulis. I would appreciate any online recommendations that you may know of. Thanks

o

Jim -

Violet Barn carries A.longicaulis - and they have an especially good clone - so called "kewform" - after Kew Gardens in UK.

I just saw a couple of huge hanging baskets of it in our neighborhood nursery "Echter's" - but it is winter - and unless you are in Florida - it is a wrong time of a year to ship anything besides small plants with heat packs.

Irina

Here is a link that might be useful: Violet barn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gesneriad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here