Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19772196

My blooming Streps

User
10 years ago

Here are some pics of my plants that are currently in bloom.

Dave

Here is a link that might be useful: My Strep pictures

Comments (14)

• terrilou
    10 years ago

What gorgeous flowers! But I probably shouldn't have looked because I got a case of the " I wants!" Thanks for posting these photos.

Terri

• perle_de_or
    10 years ago

They are spectacular. I love the yellow ones, now I really, really want one of those! I only have a few streps, but they are doing very well. Thanks so much for sharing these pictures.

• Patrick888
    10 years ago

Aha! Here's where your photos have gone. :) Earlier I posted on an old thread that used to have a valid link to your pics. I'm glad to run across the link in this thread.

Patrick

• Jannich
    10 years ago

davioletman,I lost the link you sent me about your streps..Could you send it to me again please? I keep coming back to look at your pretties!

Jan

• dbarron
    10 years ago

Excuse me while I wipe the drool off my chin....

• Patrick888
    10 years ago

Finally! I'm getting some nice Eastern European Streps in my collection. My chapter of the Gesneriad Society is propagating over 20 of them to sell in a future plant show & sale...an event we host in Seattle every March.

• dbarron
    10 years ago

I love the patterning off the Russian and Polish new cultivars.

• irina_co
    10 years ago

Frilly shape comes from Swedish Strep Sylvia. I

• jeremy39
    10 years ago

Thanks for posting the pictures they are breautiful :O)

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    10 years ago

Your flowers are all so beautiful. Must be nice to have such a green thumb. :)

• Patrick888
    10 years ago

murraysmom - if your thumb is green enough to grow African violets, you should be able to grow streps, too. Their culture is very similar, just do NOT overwater the streps. Water them until water drains out the bottom of the pot, then don't water again until you see just the beginning of leaf wilt. Do NOT allow them to sit in a saucer of water after watering. Otherwise, light and fertilizer is about the same as AVs...they prefer a little cooler temps than AVs, but will accept low 70's by day (mine have withstood low 80's during the summer when warmer days and heat from the lights brought the temps up).

One cultural factor that's important to observe...when you pot up a strep plant, do not place the crown lower in the potting mix than it originally was - it is easy to rot the crowns if they're planted deeper.
    Patrick

• e-w-031
    10 years ago

Wow! I'm hooked! I didn't know this group of plants was so varied and beautiful.

• Linda Watson
    10 years ago

Beautiful! Do you sell/trade leaves or plants? I'm really interested in that yellow one but I won't be able to anything till spring because it's ten below right now !

• Karin
    10 years ago

Nice! And there I thought streps were all leaf and just a blossom or two... Now I'll have to see about getting some of them as well....

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz