Return to the Gesneriad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mona Lisa Lipstick Plant Blooming

Posted by puglvr1 9 FL (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 17, 08 at 14:46

Hi,

Just wanted to post a couple of pics of my Lipstick plant(Mona Lisa) in bloom. Since this forum is not too busy I also posted it on the houseplant forum. I own two lipsticks, but this is the first one that has ever bloomed for me. I just purchased it in January of this year. I just love the flowers...

Thanks for looking!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mona Lisa Lipstick Plant Blooming

Wow!! this forum is really, really slowwwwww......that's really too bad since these plants are just so beautiful...it's a shame not too many members hang out here more often, oh well, back to the other more happening forums I guess...

o

puglvr1 --

I am just envious...

It is beautiful and looks very healthy.

Did you try it outside in semi-shade?

Thank you for posting - good pic too!

I.

o

Thanks so much irina...appreciate the nice comments. Yes it is in bright light, under my entry way, gets NO direct sun at all. I was a little worried that it wouldn't bloom without direct sunlight, but lucky for me I was wrong.

Here is what it looks like today. More blooms have opened up, and I was very surprised the flowers are lasting as long as they have. Thanks again!

o

That really is beautiful! Haven't seen that particular variety--have to keep an eye open. I'm very glad you posted it.

o

Thanks greenelbows...you are one of the people responsible for me buying lipstick plants. Some of your posts that I read have been very helpful to me. Thanks for all your help!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gesneriad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here