Comments (7)

• Motezuma
    18 years ago

Very! Gonna get one?

-Mo (WV)

• korina
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Someday, Mo, when I win the lotto and can have my very own plant room, conservatory, and greenhouse(s). Ooh, and several experimental veggie gardens, and a Japanese garden (with my own bonsai), and an Elizabethan herb garden, and...

Korina (sicky-poo -- sore throat)

• JohnnieB
    18 years ago

Fortunately 'Little Dragon' is easy to propagate from its freely produced stolons (unusual for a chirita) so it should be more widely available in a couple of years.

I'm surprised that Rob's Violets is able to offer it for sale already--and at such a reasonable price--as they obtained a single plant at an AGGS auction only two years ago.

• korina
    Original Author
    18 years ago

As you said, Johnnie, it's easy to propagate.

A couple of years?? Waa!

Korina

'Instant gratification isn't fast enough.'

• Motezuma
    18 years ago

You know, the sore throat thing is going around. Hope you feel better.

OH, BTW, I have 4 tiny green dots that I'm thinking are C. Tamiana, and one has actual leaves on it. I planted them 4/18. (I only planted a very few, for the first time.) And, the begonias I sliced up have grown too! It's amazing how even just a little bit of a leaf will make a whole new plant.

-Mo (WV)

• korina
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Congrats, Mo; babies! Yeah, begonias are cool.

My tamianas are starting to get a little funky, but I raised their light a couple of inches -- I hope that helps.

Fortunately my throat hasn't been sore for a couple of days; but my voice has been in and out (I sound like a 13-year-old boy!) and I keep coughing up -- well, you don't want to know. It certainly makes answering the phones at work interesting.

Korina (feeling another Rob's order coming on)

• korina
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Well, turned out it wasn't a Rob's order I felt; I was forced to go home early Thursday and stay home Friday because I was sicky-poo. My voice is coming back, slowly, and my plants *seemed* to have survived the problematic 'care' of my coworkers. Except for unplugging the lights on a timer and leaving on all weekend the lights that needed to be turned off (everything was dry as bone, but alive), they didn't do anything horrible.

Korina (hack, sniff)