Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gregsytch

The Gesneriad forum website

gregsytch
12 years ago

I am an avid grower of Gesneriads here in Tampa Bay, and I recently tried to join The Gesneriad Forum website. It has been over a week "awaiting approval"? What is there to approve and how long? I just want to chat and find more gessies......anyone have a clue? Thanks! Greg Sytch

Comments (6)

• irina_co
    12 years ago

Greg - I think it is about right time wise. As far as I remember I also waited probably for a week.

Do not despair! Are you a member of a Tampa Bay Chapter of a Gesneriad Society? That's one good place to find more gessies - at least for me.

I.

• gregsytch
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Its now been over a week. Seems like a LONG time just to approve me....guess it must not get a lot of traffic. There is a wonderful group in Tampa, but they meet during the week in the morning. I doubt my school will go for a sub (I teach middle school) just for me to attend! But I do go to their sales when I can. I have about four dozen varieties of gessies. They grow outdoors all year long.

• irina_co
    12 years ago

Greg -

looks like you are trying to get into gesneriad society forum - and I was thinking you are trying to get into Gesneriphiles. Gesneriphiles - that's where the action is.

Hmm - I was sure they meet on Saturdays...

48 varieties... impressive! - what genera do you grow?

irina

Here is a link that might be useful: gesneriphiles

• aviolet6
    12 years ago

Greg, it helps if you reply back to the person who approves people for the forum, and ask what's taking so long. When I did that I learned that he is having to check hundreds of people to determine if they are spammers, because it became a huge problem in the past. Apparently there are a lot of people on the waiting list and he is the main one doing the checking. When I started emailing him I got approved right away though. With that said, once "in" I discovered that the forum is dead. Seems to have been quite active a few years ago but no new posts, even when I tried to start one and connect with other users. So now I just check AV forum and Gesneriad forum at the Garden Web. Not much going on here at the Gesneriad forum either, but I do get my questions answered.
    Tricia

• irina_co
    12 years ago

Tricia and Greg -

I think that Gesneriphiles is the very active gessie forum now and that's the place to go.

Good Luck

Irina

PS I thought Greg wanted to join g-files - and I emailed a moderator a question - why does it take so long - and he replied - because it is not us.

• User
    12 years ago

Tricia and Greg there a couple of forums that discuss all Gessies as well as the one Irina spoke about. Just use Google to find them as we are not allowed to give addresses on this forum.

I believe this forum could be even better if more people used it more. It has some really great members that have vast knowledge. So tell your friends! Maybe if more people know about this forum they would come and we could make this forum rock!

Dave

Sponsored
Dream Outdoor Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Providing Quality Home Improvements in South Riding for Over 30 Years