Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dbarronoss

Polish Streps

dbarron
9 years ago

I've been thinking about those beautiful patterned Polish and Ukraine streps that I've seen linked here and on Ebay for some time. I finally placed a bid (minimum) for a couple.

Am I right in thinking there is really no commercial (other than those couple of Ebay'ers) way to obtain these plants currently ?

Boy, they're pretty....I just hope I have enough windowsill to accommodate them. My Oriental Art strep is pretty small, and these look larger (lol).

Comments (4)

• User
    9 years ago

For the most part you will find them mostly on eBay. Lyndon Lyon Greenhouse does have a few in their strep listing. Your best bet is to find a few people who grow them and try to trade if eBay or Lyndon Lyon does not work out.

Dave

• dbarron
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Dave, Desired plants accquired by Ebay methods. They look good and I anxiously await flowering. One thing I do note is that the Polish streps (using these two as samples) are much more standard than our current compact models in the US. IE, much larger leaves...and I bet larger blooms, but taking up a lot more space.

• irina_co
    9 years ago

Check the site World of streps. Tony grows a great selection of Polish streps and hosts a strep forum.

i.

• dbarron
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Well, here we are about a month later, and I have Strep # 7046 (Garu) and 7001 in my windowsill and both were very healthy and well shipped growing in what looked like a peat plug. Since I received them and put them into 3 inch pots, both have put out one or two new leaves and bloom stems are just now emerging, in about two weeks or possibly three, I will have photos (nothing happening untoward). I look forward to seeing what color the eye sees on their flowers...vs the camera.

Both plants have at least two crowns, so good starts!

Here is a link that might be useful: Polish Strep photos on streptocarpus-info

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert