Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
taxonomist3

Primulina (Chritia) Piccolo

taxonomist3
11 years ago

Hello,

I'm new to the world of Gessies, but have been going AV's for 20 years. I recently purchased a few plants from various venders and when they came, they were in excellent condition. Unfortunately I treated them a little too much like I do my violets and kept some of the soil too moist for too long and ended up getting a nasty infestation of fungus gnat larvae. When the plants had gone into decline I put down a few leaves of everything as an insurance against losing anything.

Everything has rooted and sent up new plants except the cuttings of Primulina Piccolo. The leaves have been down for a little over 2 months now. The plants have sent out lots of roots, but no plantlets have started to grow (just a bunch of callused tissue and roots). I have some leaves trimmed to encourage growth, however, there is no difference between trimmed leaves and non-trimmed leaves with respect to plantlet formation.

I was reading somewhere that some Chirita's are particular stubborn when it comes to growing from leaf, is this cultivar one of these difficult plants? How long should I wait for plantlets before I give up (I may wait until the leaf dies)?

Comments (3)