Return to the Gesneriad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
streptocarpus identification

Posted by green_panther Upstate NY (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 24, 07 at 17:20

Im not sure if it is possible to identify from a photo but i would love to have a name to go along with this streptocarpus. Click on picture to enlarge or see more pictures.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: streptocarpus identification

It is hard. The leaves look like Streptocarpella Concord Blue, the flowers - S. saxorum, but saxorum has more rounded and plump leaves.

Look at the pics.

Irina

Here is a link that might be useful: GesneriadWeb

o

Irina
Your right on the button with your ID...I just bought this exact plant the other day Streptocarpella Concord Blue is on the plant tag...I loved the website you posted...did not realize there are so many different colors.
Tangee

o

Tangee -

That's interesting how different people perceive variety.
For me streptocarpus subgenus streptocarpella doesn't have that many different colors, at least what's available in culture - the hybrids. What I saw is slightly different shades of purple blue from baby blue to more purplish and and albino white of the same type.

I guess I am spoiled by the colors of hybrid streptocarpus subgenus streptocarpus...

You lucky guys in CA can grow them in hanging baskets outside and enjoy their bloom without complaining how much space it takes and how spent flowers are littering the floor...

Good luck

Irina

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gesneriad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here