Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stonesriver_gw

Metro Mix

stonesriver
16 years ago

I also posted this to the AV Forum.

I posted a couple of months ago asking about Metro Mix. It is available at most co-ops and, at least here, is less than $20 for a four cubic foot bag.

Anyhow, my Streps, Chiritas, Columnea and AV trailers are doing astounding things ~ especially the Streps and Chiritas!

They are growing well, no yellowing leaves (it's been three months), lots of blooms. Very healthy plants.

From web site: "Formulation with Canadian Sphagnum peat moss, horticultural grade Vermiculite, processed Bark Ash, Bark, starter nutrient charge, Dolomitic Limestone and our long-lasting wetting agent."

I used Metro Mix 360 and coarse perlite with a 1-2 ratio of mix to perlite. I may use a bit more perlite the next time just because I want an even lighter mix.

I still have some of my gessies in 1-1-1 peat, perlite, vermiculite and the ones in the Metro mix + perlite (sitting right next to the others) are growing better and carrying more blooms and reblooming sooner.

I reservoir water and use 1/4 tsb Dyna-Grow to a gallon of water on all of my gessies.

Regards,

Linda

Here is a link that might be useful: Sun Gro and Metro Mix

Comments (2)