Return to the Gesneriad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Colombian Gesneriads

Posted by pbunch Intermediate Tropica (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 19, 09 at 20:03

I have posted some images of Kohleria which grow in the Medellin area on my blog site. http://pbunch.wordpress.com/

Once you arrive at the site you can navigate to the images from the pages listed on the left hand side of your screen. Any comments you may wish to make are welcome.

Phil Bunch
Medellin, Colombia

Here is a link that might be useful: A Medellin Chronicle

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Colombian Gesneriads

Phil

I love your unidentified Piedras Blancas one. It has these strong long dark flower stalks, should be interesting to include this treat into hybridization to mitigate droopy bloom. I hope you get all the cuttings from the lady who grows it to start in your own personal Botanic garden.

Irina

o
RE: Colombian Gesneriads

• Posted by pbunch Intermediate Tropics (My Page) on
    Sat, Aug 22, 09 at 8:20

I have a batch of seedlings growing now. So far it has not performed as well in Medellin as it does at higher elevation. Up at Piedras Blancas it grows well in full sun. Down here it seems to need more shade and so far has grown in a very lax fashion. I think in the cooler climate it can take a lot more light. I need to put up some shade cloth to get the right light level. Time will tell.

Here is a link that might be useful: A Medellin Chronicle

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gesneriad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here