Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
smithjm_gw

Lipstick 'Rasta'

smithjm
17 years ago

Can someone tell me the color of the blooms?

Comments (8)

• greenelbows1
    17 years ago

I hadn't heard of this so I googled it, and it really sounds interesting. Nobody I checked out had a picture that included blooms though. Maybe you'll be able to tell us!

• smithjm
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Here's a pic of it. I found this one at Walmart for a cool $8.49. Reminds a little of hoya hindu rope.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2508122090064262119kEWGKA

• komi
    17 years ago

so to answer your Q, the flowers are red.

• greenelbows1
    17 years ago

I didn't see any flowers, just the red of the pot and pot hanger attachment peeping through. Did I miss something?

• komi
    17 years ago

I don't know which picture you saw. I just googled "aeschynanthus rasta" and found a couple of photos.

• lostlady
    17 years ago

Ohh I have this plant hanging up outside. I picked it up at Home Depot. I actually joined just so I could post this. Its such a nice flowering shade plant. It has trumpet type flowers that are red and gold some of the greenery has turned hard like a stick here and there. I love it easy to care for in a hanging basket.

• greenelbows1
    17 years ago

Welcome, lostlady, and appreciate you posting this information. Good to hear about new plants!

• abyc
    16 years ago

I got this plant indoors and since I brought it home in early summer, it has consistently lost leaves. It has shade and I may have watered a bit much once. But nothing that I would assume would cause the foliage loss. Anyone having issues growing this plant? Everything I have found on it sounds like an easy growth plant.