Return to the Gesneriad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Streptocarpus leaves

Posted by Linda_Lorraine z5 E. WA (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 16, 04 at 19:51

Can someone tell me where I can order Strep leaves? Or is there somewhere I can order seeds of named varieties?

Does anyone know where there are any of the Olgevee varieties anymore?

Thanks, Linda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Streptocarpus leaves

Can't help with where to order leaves, but I hope you know that seeds of named varieties will not be the same as the parent plants. Seeds of hybrids are themselves hybrids. You might possibly get something very nice in which case you might want to register and name it, but it won't be the same and should not be labeled with the name of the parent. You can get seeds, including seeds of named varieties, through the AGGS seed fund, but you'd need to join first. (Well worth it, in my opinion)

o

Hi! I've also been wanting to try out a strep. I ran across this site that sells plants and leaves. You can get 10 leaves, their choice for $11. Of course you can choose your own varieties for 2.75 a leaf. I figure for getting a start 10 random leaves would be nice and economical so that's what I'm doing. LOL The site is also well reccomended. I saw a thread on them and they got good reviews.

Also, here is a site I found on streps that gives very detailed info on care and propagation if you are interested.
http://www.dibleys.com/strep.htm

Good luck!
Michelle

Here is a link that might be useful: pats pets

o

If any of you are in England there is a place that does mail order.
It's the African violet Centre near Kings Lynn.
I don't think they sell leaves, just plantlets and whole plants.

Here is a link that might be useful: African Violet Centre UK

o

• Posted by Cabarb Z 9- Fresno, CA (My Page) on
    Tue, Sep 28, 04 at 11:43

Try www.robsviolet.com for leaves. I just received some plants from them, and they arrived in perfect condition.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gesneriad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here