Return to the Gesneriad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Who ships in winter?

Posted by mwedzi chicago (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 19, 04 at 15:49

So who ships in winter? I know Rob's does. Anybody else?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Who ships in winter?

• Posted by Cabarb Z 9- Fresno, CA (My Page) on
    Tue, Oct 19, 04 at 17:00

Hmmm....I seem to remember one I looked at recently did. Give me a few minutes!!

o

Barb sent me an email to let me know Bloomin Jungle also ships year-round. Thanks for the info. That means they have real winter shipping, right? That their plants will actually be packed to insulate from the cold? Or that they just ship year-round and if you order from a place where you're too cold to be getting plants, they'll just arrive frozen on your doorstep? I'll have to check their website out again.

I think Logee's sorta delivers year-round. I remember them saying something like they will ship when your area stays above 38 degrees for several consecutive days, I think.

Barb, in order to post again to a thread you just posted to, you have to change the "subject" line of your post. It won't let you post twice to the same thread with the same subject in just a few minutes of each other.

o

I've had no problems receiving from Logees during the winter. Lauray's of Salisbury is still shipping. She has a large collections of gesneriads.

o

Yeah, I received a package from Logee's in the winter, too, and it arrived fine. but they did have to wait until it was above 38 or so degrees consistently. So my order to them was delayed by about a month. It gets pretty cold here in Chicago.

Rob's insulation for shipping is really outstanding. They have that thick, soft, wall insulation stuff, and they often double wrap plants.

I'll have to check out Lauray's. Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gesneriad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here