Return to the Gesneriad Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Using Physan

Posted by carol222 Northern Virginia (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 18, 08 at 6:42

Those of you who use Physan on gesneriads, do you dip or spray? Do you keep it off the leaves and put in on the soil only? Do you use the recommended dosage or dilute further? Regular use, or only as needed?
Thanks.
carol222

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Using Physan

Carol -

I add Physan to the fertilizer solution for the gesneriads that grow on mats to control the algae growth. I use 1/2 teaspoon per gallon of water. A friend of mine uses 1 teaspoon per gallon to spray the plants against Powdery Mildew.

Irina

o

Where do you buy Physan? I've looked in HD and Lowes, but haven't found it there.

o

Check Internet. We have a Violet Showcase in town - so I buy there, sometimes in good nurseries - but never in HD or in Lowes.
heck http://www.physan.com/ - they have a link How to Purchase.

There are actually 3 concoctions with different brand names but with close ingredients. Physan, Consan and RD20.

Good luck and Happy New Year

Irina

o

I got my Physan on ebay from Heavenly Orchid in Ca.
Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gesneriad Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here