Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bumble_bee_gw

smithiantha

bumble_bee
19 years ago

I have a little smithiantha multiflora that I like very much. At this time of the year there are fewer blooms in the house but this one makes a nice little display. I would like to order another easy growing variety from the AGGS seed fund.

My favorite seems to be 'Litle One' but I read it's harder to grow. Is that true? I would like one that likes to grow under the same conditions as multiflora. Would zebrina, canarina, laui or cinnabarina be a better choice? In fact, I'd really like to have cinnabarina (if it's an easy grower) but I'll have to wait as it's not in the seed fund at the moment.

Comments (3)

• User
    19 years ago

I'm eager to hear the answer since I wanted to know too. I just placed an order to the seed fund. I sure would have gotten cinnabarina if I had seen it on the list, after seeing the gorgeous photo in the gallery. I forget now which one I ordered. But I hope to hear what others have to say.

• amilder
    19 years ago

I also am interested in the answer to this. It didn't seem we were getting much of a response here, so I went ahead and posted at the AGGS "general gesneriads" forum, where Dale Martens has been known to frequent. She is a hybridizer of Smithianthas, so there is definitely some serious knowledge there. You can read the reply at the link below.

The forum is little crazy. I used a fake email because I was worried about getting on a Russian hooker spam list... LOL.

Here is a link that might be useful: AGGS message forum

• bumble_bee
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Thank you!