o
things that should be in a giant vegetable faq

Posted by bigtomatotaste z7 (My Page) on
Thu, May 13, 04 at 12:55

what info do think should be in giant vegetable forum faq

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: things that should be in a giant vegetable faq

Q. Should I feed my pumpkins milk to get them to grow big?

A. No, it's a myth.

o
RE: things that should be in a giant vegetable FAQ

brigi85 definitely.
What i think should included.
Giant varieties list should listed.
Bibliography of articles and books on the subject.
Current list of world records by category including grower name location.

o
RE: things that should be in a giant vegetable faq

• Posted by SLC00 zone4 up MI (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 7, 04 at 12:29

Basic information on what goes on in the soil to make plants grow and a link to the soil food web so everyone can understand how important it really is.

http://soils.usda.gov/sqi/soil_quality/soil_biology/soil_biology_primer.html

Information on types of plant food and techniqes on feeding like organic fertilizers, chemical fertilizers, brewing compost tea, beneficial bacteria and fungi, folar feeding, soil drenching, irrigation, mulching etc.

Section on organic growing, pollinating techniques, making and using compost, garden design, plant supporting, seed starting, climate control (cold frames, greenhouses, shading) etc.

Information or tips subbmitted by well known giant growers like John & Mary Evans (www.alaskagiant.com), Gerry and Larry Checkon (world record pumpkin)or Howard Dill, Minnie Zaccaria (http://www.njtomato.com/growtip8.htm)etc.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Giant Vegetables Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here