Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tazdevyl1

Transplanting & Pumpkins

tazdevyl1
18 years ago

Hi all. New to this forum. Also new to gardening, so am bound to make mistakes. I do have a few questions. And I have looked and cannot find any posts on this subject matter. I have M&S ( moon & Star) watermelon growing in a flower pot, and wanted to know when it would be safe to transplant them into the garden ( a section made solely for them). Also wanted to know the same for Zucchini and Squash.

And the other thing was, I planted Big Max Pumpkin Seeds about last week sometime, when do they start to germinate? Im beginning to think either the space I planted them in is not "nutritious?" enough for them or I planted the seeds too far down. If it was the former, would it be safe to move them into what my dad made into the compost pile? ( I did this YEARS ago, and forgot about them,all of a sudden I go outside and they were ALL over. LOL) If I have forgot to give any info, please ask. I will answer to the best of my knowledge.

I apologize for posting this in this forum as well. This is the 2nd place I posted, in hopes to get more answers. Anything would be appreciated

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: Transplanting

Posted by: TazDevyl1 z6 NJ (My Page) on Sun, May 29, 05 at 13:36

Ohh, the silly part I forgot to mention is I have been saving the soiled rabbit litter ( 5 bunnies + corn cob litter), would it be safe to put this over the dirt where the pumpkins are now? In hopes that they do grow?

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting