Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tazdevyl1

Transplanting & Pumpkins

tazdevyl1
18 years ago

Hi all. New to this forum. Also new to gardening, so am bound to make mistakes. I do have a few questions. And I have looked and cannot find any posts on this subject matter. I have M&S ( moon & Star) watermelon growing in a flower pot, and wanted to know when it would be safe to transplant them into the garden ( a section made solely for them). Also wanted to know the same for Zucchini and Squash.

And the other thing was, I planted Big Max Pumpkin Seeds about last week sometime, when do they start to germinate? Im beginning to think either the space I planted them in is not "nutritious?" enough for them or I planted the seeds too far down. If it was the former, would it be safe to move them into what my dad made into the compost pile? ( I did this YEARS ago, and forgot about them,all of a sudden I go outside and they were ALL over. LOL) If I have forgot to give any info, please ask. I will answer to the best of my knowledge.

I apologize for posting this in this forum as well. This is the 2nd place I posted, in hopes to get more answers. Anything would be appreciated

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: Transplanting

Posted by: TazDevyl1 z6 NJ (My Page) on Sun, May 29, 05 at 13:36

Ohh, the silly part I forgot to mention is I have been saving the soiled rabbit litter ( 5 bunnies + corn cob litter), would it be safe to put this over the dirt where the pumpkins are now? In hopes that they do grow?

Comment (1)