Return to the Giant Vegetables Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does anyone know what the world record for cucumbers are?

Posted by dr_tomato 5 (drtomater@aol.com) on
Tue, Jul 21, 09 at 10:49

I would like to find a place that list all the vegetable records but in particular the cucumber. I bought some Zeppelin cucumber seeds and was wondering how big they can get.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does anyone know what the world record for cucumbers are?

big

o

Try this link.

Here is a link that might be useful: Worlds longest cucumber.

o

Thanks for your link. That list the longest cucumber. The cucumber has 2 records the longest and the heaviest. I'm looking for the heaviest.I just got seed and was looking for this record.not much competition on this either,not like the pumpkin.

o

I don't know - that long cucumber looked pretty heavy. But that same site also has a page with the Largest Organic Cucumber at 28 pounds.

This Cucumber FAQ says the record is 59 pounds, Australia, 1988. No other details or picture.

This page of records lists the grower as Mrs. Eileen Chappel.

59 pounds. And you thought there wasn't much competition!

o

59 pounds ,that isn't nothing I grew a 100 pound cucumber in my dream last night. It's pretty bad when you dream about growing giant vegetables.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Giant Vegetables Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here