Return to the Giant Vegetables Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
AG problem

Posted by impactconstinc (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 21, 06 at 15:03

My Atlantic Giant was doing well until about a week ago. The first two sets of secondary vines are turning yellow and some spots are going brown. The only thing I can think of is the Sevin powder I dusted on the plant. My only pumpkin on the plant is still growing, but now as fast as it was prior to this problem. What could be wrong. Am I doomned?

STEVE

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: AG problem

We need more info....where are you growing? How big/old is the plant? Is there fruit on the plant and if so...how far out from the basal crown(stump) is it? Is it starting on the oldest leaves and moving down the vines and up towards the fruit? and how old/big is the fruit now?

o

I am growing the plant in Iowa. It planted it May 7th. The plant has a main vine approximately 22 ft in length with secondaries out to 15'. The only remaining pumpkin is around 12' out from the stump and is about 23 days from polination. The yellowing covers all the first 2 secondaries on either side, closest to the stump. The remaining vines and leaves are nice green.

STEVE

o

How much water is it getting ? and how hot has it been ?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Giant Vegetables Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here