Return to the Giant Vegetables Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
american giant pumpkin

Posted by myonlysunshine z5 ma (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 25, 04 at 22:24

I'm new to this site and am fascinated to be a reading about growing these giant veggies.Can someone please tell me where I can find these Atlantic Giant Pumpkin seeds.I think I would like to let my kids try and grow one of these bad boys next year.They would have a blast watching a pumpkin get that big!Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: american giant pumpkin

1. Get them from the source: http://howarddill.com
2. Or you could get them from another grower if you know one
3.Some stores sell them but they often aren't the true variety
If you are looking to grow a monster you will need to do a ton of work, starting this fall. (Preparing soil, adding manure and leaves, staring a compost pile, planting a cover crop, .........)

o

I could send you some seeds no problem.
let me know????
MaxPower

o

Hi Maxpower,if the offer is still available then I would love some.Let me know what to do,and thanks alot.

o

seeds will be available come late november as the pumpkins have not been harvested, i will have some from my pumpkin that is currently estimated at 870 lbs.

o

Wow,that's great!I've been doing so much reading about them,even if I only grew one bigger than my cat I would be happy.Congrats on yours!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Giant Vegetables Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here